Motto

You Bring the Wine, We Bring the Cheese

Monday, September 5, 2016

September Painting Challenge - Alfred Part 1

Jason has issued a painting challenge to the community and I'm not one to sit idly by and let a challenge go unanswered, so I'm going all in. Plus, I have a massive painting queue and this is good motivation. With that, I give you my entry in to the challenge, a 10-man squad of Skitarii Vanguard.



I assembled my AdMech army a couple of months ago, but have only recently had a chance to play them. I'm looking forward to getting some more time in with these guys during an upcoming escalation league at one of my local gaming stores.

My first step was to prime all of the Skitarii using the Army Painter Gun Metal spray primer. I went with Gun Metal instead of black because there are so many dark, metallic parts to these troops that I am hoping it saves a bit of time. My design goal is to mimic the standard, Mars paint scheme with the red robes. I will be following along with the Warhammer TV video tutorial for Skitarii, with a few adjustments to colors since I paint with more than just Games Workshop.

Stay tuned as I continue to chronicle my adventure through the September Painting Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment