Motto

You Bring the Wine, We Bring the Cheese

Thursday, September 1, 2016

Challenge Accepted!




It is finally here! It is September and we all know what that means. That’s right folks, it is time to get your paint on because the September Paint Challenge has begun!

For the rules see the previous post, but to recap, we are looking at getting a squad fully painted and ready to go for battle (I mean who wants to see naked Space Marines everywhere, am I right?).

Now a “squad” does not mean it has to be a unit choice from a game. It can be about 10 guys from your army list. That means all the models need to be from the same army in the same game. Of course, if you are painting it for a game like Frostgrave, Horizon Wars, or This is Not a Test, that is totally different! There is nothing limiting the number of models to 10, you can go more if you want – you overachiever you! The only other limitation is that it must be infantry – no vehicles.

I will be posting what I am working on and some WIP pictures of course. I have not quite decided, but it will likely be an Ultramarine 30k Tactical Squad, but I am trying to finish up my Relicblade heroes first. If you want to share your pictures, you can hit us up over at our Facebook Page or post in the comments below. If you are shy about showing them off, send them to my email address wineandcheesegaming@gmail.com and I will post them myself (so it will be anonymous, ya see).

Some may ask “What is the prize for this challenge? What do I win?” Well, you win a fully painted squad of infantry and the accomplishment of getting it done! That is not to mention all of the other great benefits of having a painted army/squad. So no, there is no prize for best painted or even just for doing it. Maybe another time? Hmmm, I do have some spare 40k Second Edition starter box orks around…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment